"It is not the ctitic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

~Theodore Roosevelt


Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dentist...

Okay, I don't even know what to write. I just have time these days and want to :)

My job is seasonal so I have five weeks off and can start again January 2nd. This is both good and bad. I am excited for the break--especially over Christmas. I can enjoy all the holiday stuff without feeling like I don't have time to do anything. I want to start some projects like sewing and selling stuff online and writing my book. But I'm also going to miss having something to do. I liked feeling productive. Work gave me a paycheck and eight hours a day of exercise. I went from losing 1/2 a pound a week to 1.5 pounds a week--when I started working.

Now, more than anything I'm worried about being home to snack during the holidays and not having built in exercise. This is the time of year people gain weight and this is when I'm home and working out on my own again. Oh boy.

So, not weight related but I went to the dentist today. I haven't been in four years. When I went all the time I always had cavities. Every. Single. Time. Well, about a month ago I randomly noticed that there was a hole running down my back tooth. It freaked me out a little bit. But then, I didn't have time to go in and--of course--didn't want to call.

I was eating on Friday and I don't even know what happened. It didn't hurt, I didn't feel anything, I just noticed that half my tooth was gone. And it was sharp and digging into my cheek. It was almost to my gums. That really freaked me out. I stopped eating on that side and waited till Monday since it was a holiday weekend. I called my dentist on Monday and they were booked till January. I don't think well on the phone and maybe they could have done something if they knew how bad it was.

So I went to my husband's dentist this afternoon. Amazingly he filled it like a cavity but said it was so close to being a root canal. He said he could see the nerves under the base of the tooth--at the bottom of the hole. He barely numbed me and did it right then and my tooth feels normal. So happy :)

I need to start going regularly though :(

No comments:

Post a Comment