"It is not the ctitic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

~Theodore Roosevelt


Thursday, August 23, 2012

Distractions

Alright, so, I just felt like getting this out. I was sitting here trying to get the motivation to work out--thinking how I didn't need to do anything or talk to anyone if it would make me feel stupid. I've only worked out a half hour this week because of such things. It's been one of those weeks where I feel like crap because of a million things and I take it out on myself. Good thing we don't have anything too unhealthy for me to binge on.

Anyway, I'm about to get up and start exercising when the phone rings. I hate the phone. And I hate when numbers I don't know call. And I hate that right now, I have to answer them. I've been applying for a bunch of jobs and every phone call is a hope that I could get an interview. It's also very, very scary. I have yet to get an interview but I've had at least 4 calls about furthering my education. Seriously! I JUST finished my education.

I've figured out that it's just because they are sneaky and stick their forms right after or in the middle of a job application and I get in this mode. I fill out every box one after another of the same information over and over and over and I hardly look at what it's for anymore. They are very smart. Getting me to put in my information at a time they know I'll answer every phone call in hopes of a job. It is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment