"It is not the ctitic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

~Theodore Roosevelt


Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Decided

So, I have decided not to weigh myself for a few days. As much as I love to see the numbers drop, it is too depressing when they go up. Besides, I can't always weigh myself at the same time everyday and before I eat or drink but after I work out or whatever else. I'm really hoping that the numbers will go down by next time though. That would make it worth it.

I've been looking up lots of sites that have tips for weight loss. Some things are encouraging--things I've already started or would be easy for me to start. Some things are just depressing. The whole picky eating thing is huge here. I also don't know if the exercises I'm doing are "the best." But honestly, I don't care. I figure I was doing so badly before that any improvement to my diet and any exercise will help. Right now, I don't need to be overwhelmed, I just need to work on what I can.

Oh, and I just have to say, as motivating as some of the pictures on these websites are, they are also discouraging. Haha, it's just that a picture of six girls at the gym who are all size 0 doesn't seem entirely realistic. Yes, they are encouraging readers to want to be that size. But it also makes it seem like everyone who works out is that size. All the exercising and diet pictures are of super skinny and athletic people. Sorry, but the shape I'm in doesn't allow me to do all those things with total ease. Not that that is required, it's just a little... unrealistic?

No comments:

Post a Comment